Friday, April 1, 2011

Creative HomeFires: A Nursing Reminder

Creative HomeFires is a series which highlights the value that creativity offers to family members of a deployed spouse/significant other.  We offer stories of the creative life and the beautiful benefits experienced during some of the most difficult seasons. 

Let me introduce Jess of A Nursing Reminder.  Here's her story:
     I went from full time United States Marine to full time Mom.  When I found out I was pregnant with Ethan, I was in the middle of sending up my re-enlistment package.  It hit like a brick wall...I went from 90 mph to 0 in about 2 seconds flat. I LOVED being a Marine.  It was fun, rewarding, and I was well on my way to meeting my career goals!  Then there I was, raising a baby, while watching my husband go to work doing what I love, watching all of my friends advance in their careers in the military, as nurses, as architects...
    But don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade being with my babies for anything!  It brought about massive amounts of guilt and conflict that I now realize a lot of Moms go through.  My store was birthed out of a real need as a mom, and that first trip to Michaels Craft Store snowballed into an obsession with beads no one saw coming!  Now I have the best of all worlds, I still get to participate in some military events as a military spouse, I get to be at home with my sons, and I get to work at home doing my new, very real passion, helping other moms!!!
  

Thank you Jess for sharing your story!  If you would like to be featured in this space, please contact us via the Contact tab at the top of the blog

OH AND remember....

SALE IS TODAY: READ MORE CLICK HERE!

No comments: