Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Creative Homefires: OliverWave

Creative HomeFires is a series which highlights the value that creativity offers to family members of a deployed spouse/significant other.  We offer stories of the creative life and the beautiful benefits experienced during some of the most difficult seasons. 
 
  This Feature is written by Kayla Wave, shop owner of
    Kayla Wave Of Oliver Wave here.  I have always been amazed by art, nature and history. When I was growing up my nickname was lil' Martha ( a nod to Martha Stewart).  And I loved art shows and helping my mom out with her art. My dream was to study in the jungles of the amazon. 


   In the past year however, my prospective changed.  In June I married my high school sweetheart and I gave birth to the most amazing little boy named Oliver in September. My husband left for basic when I was 8 months pregnant and to keep me busy and sane my mother in law took me on daily trips to the craft store. While my hubby was gone before Oli was born all I did was sleep and create. 


     We were reunited in December and I started OliverWave in January. Once I discovered Etsy, I instantly fell in love with the community.  I love all the wonderful friends I've met, all the inspiration I've gotten, and lastly I love that I can support my hobby and some day hopefully add an income. I have a lot of plans for shoes, purses, painting, undergarments, clothing, I'm a young lady with a lot of plans! 

Thank you Kayla for sharing your story! If you are interested in being featured here, please Contact us via the Contact tab at the top of the blog.

 

No comments: