Monday, February 21, 2011

Military Life...From a Spouse's Perspective: Deb Ragsdale

Deb and her hubby

The Military Brat Team and the Homefront Team are combining efforts to share our experiences with the military lifestyle so that others can fully understand the sense of community, sacrifices, benefits, and expectations we all share as members of a truly unique group of people. Each month we will feature a story shared by a Military Brat Team member, and a story shared by a Homefront Team member.


I am pleased to introduce to you Deb Ragsdale, Owner of Lilac Ave
Deb is the Military Homefront Team Captain and has been a member of Homefront since May of 2008.

Here's her story:

"I have known my husband for half of my life. We met when I was 16, working at a Chinese restaurant. I was looking at colleges to go to, and he was inspired to make more of his life, but had no money for college. He joined the Navy, because they were the only ones that would come to the house and pick him up, since he had no car.
Now to look back, that we hung on to our little teenage romance through 4 years of long distance.  I was hooked. I could “see” no other boys around me at college.  I was smitten with my sailor. We got married when I was 20.
I have never made a more sound decision in my life! We have been together 16yrs now, on this military adventure. When people say, “I don’t know how you do it”…I say, “He is worthwhile. I will wait. I’d rather have him some of the time, than none of the time”.  I think most military wives, think this way. What better way to show your love and devotion, that always is waiting on that pier, for the love of your life, to return?"

To learn more about Deb, check out these spaces:

If you would like to be featured in this space, just send your info via the "Contact Us" Tab at the top of this blog.

5 comments:

Jess said...

LOVE! What a beautiful story, and her candles are amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT photo!!! (Love those smiles!)

Mary said...

Such a cute picture of you two!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story!

jenharruff said...

Awww, I love your story. I agree, the waiting is always worth it.