Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Story Behind the (Shop) Name: Addie Bean Blossoms


Here's the story behind her shop name: 

I chuckle every time I think about the baby shower that was thrown for a fellow expectant teacher and myself last May.  I was due in June and she in August.  Our fellow staff members had organized a lovely shower with gifts, games, and of course, cake.  One had been prepared for each of us.  My colleague’s cake had a sweet welcome message and her future daughter’s name.  Mine said, “Welcome Bean!”  As one guest read the cake, she exclaimed, “You’re naming the baby ‘Bean’?”

Well, of course we weren’t naming our baby ‘Bean.’  My husband and I had decided we wanted to be surprised about the gender. So, very early on, we started calling our baby ‘Bean.’  We speculated about which features ‘Bean’ would get from each of us, what ‘Bean’s’ personality would be like, and if ‘Bean’ would  be interested in the same things we were.  Well, we got so used to the name it just kind of stuck!  Once Adelyn (Addie) was born, she was already more of a ‘Bean’ to us than anything else.  So now, and forever more, she is our Addie Bean.

When I decided to open my Etsy shop selling the fabric flower hair clips inspired by her, it just made sense to name them after her.  Plus, I’m a sucker for alliteration.  And so, Addie Bean Blossoms bloomed!


Thank you Rebecca for sharing your story! If you are interested in being featured in this space, please contact us via the Contact tab at the top of the blog.

2 comments:

Guinivere Norrington said...

What a cute story!

Homefront Artistry Team said...

HHEHEHE...very sweet!
Robin (CreationsAnew)