Monday, March 8, 2010

MUST HAVE MONDAY: Splash of Color!


I am IN love with this amazing lola Handbag from A Stones Throw

The Lola Pleated Purse is made from a bright yellow fabric with pink and white flowers. Two bamboo handles are attached to allow for easy carrying.

When my husband returned from his first deployment, we decided to finally take our honeymoon. (The military didn't allow us to take one after our actual marriage, but better late than never.) We took a two week vacation to Oahu, Hawaii. One of the things that struck me most about the island was the overwhelming scent of the plumeria flowers everywhere we went. It was just so beautiful. Then while we were at a luau, partaking in some arts and crafts, I was told that it's Hawaiian tradition to wear the Plumeria flower on the left side of your body if you are taken and the right side if you were not. (They also said you can wear it on both sides if you are taken, but looking to upgrade....) I just thought that it was such a neat thing to do that on our last day in Hawaii, I made a stop at the tattoo shop and got a plumeria flower tattooed on my left foot. Now, whenever I look down, I am reminded of that amazing trip, and of course, my wonderful husband.

Needless to say, as soon as I saw this fabric, I knew that I had to have it. It immediately brought back such fond memories for me, and hopefully will bring a smile to your face as well. This bag measures 11.5 inches across at the base, and tapers to 9.9 inches at the top. It is about 11 inches tall, and 4 in wide. It has an single 6 inch square pocket on the inside, and two bamboo handles that are 6 inches each in diameter. The handles are attached securely with twine, and the bag is interfaced throughout and double and triple stitched at all of the stress points, to ensure durability.
I highly recommend heading over to A Stones Throw and check out all the amazing handbags and accessories she has to offer!

5 comments:

Sygnet Creations said...

oooh I love it!!

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

Very pretty! Stones does nice work!

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
Reemiaerark

Anonymous said...

In all likelihood many of You again would like to mind a room tv display on screen of Your pc. I was maddening to put one's finger on a good website that allows it .

Can You plug me something ?

Thanks.
[url=http://isport24.com/pl/jak_ogladac.html]mecze na zywo[/url]

PaperOnParade said...

Beautiful workmanship! This would be a perfect bag for your Spring attire!