Friday, January 23, 2009

Get to Know Teris Treasure


This weeks blog posting is a up close look at the Etsy Homefront Team Leader, Teri, from TerisTreasure. Teri is born and raised a Midwest gal, married a US Marine, and is the proud parent of 2 daughters. Teri began quilting at 8 years old, and now works full time on her online shops. She has a shop on Etsy, Hyena Cart, and 1000 Markets (see below for links).

The story of Teri and her Marine, Jason:
My husband saved me, he is my hero and a straight gift from God. I was a single mother at the time we met. Jason couldnt have came at a better time in my life where I had found who I was and what I wanted in my life, from what he tells me, he was drawn to my strength and confidence, since he was looking for the right woman for him and a wife, knowing what a woman would have to go through being married to a soldier. We met one day, long distance since he was in Alaska and I was in the U.P., we talked for about 6 months and one day, he told me he was going to marry me. We courted, like the old fashioned stories always told, getting to know each other on a personal level and one day, he called me and told me he was coming to see me, he would be there in a few days. He came to Marquette and asked me to marry him, then met with my father and asked his permission to marry me, a week later, we were married! He has since taken my daughter as his own and we now have Kaelin, which completes this little family of ours. I moved up to Alaska and lived there for 4 years and we now reside at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, for his 3 years as a Drill Sgt.

Teri, has an incredible shop, full of table runners, table toppers, coasters, pot holders, gift tags, refrigerator magnets, and more. All of her items are made by hand, and can be correlated together for a fabulous home décor in your kitchen. Her items come to you very well crafted, and wrapped in luxury, boutique-like feel.

I recently inquired many questions and insights from Teri, and here is what I found out.
Q. What is your favorite part of owning your own business?
A. My favorite part of owning my own business is that I can stay at home with my daughter and not have to put her in day care, unless I want to! haha I also like I do not have to ask to have a day off and I can work as much as I want, or as little.
Q. I see you’ve been on Etsy for a year. What is your biggest lesson learned?
A. Wow, this is a hard one, I am not sure if I have 1 biggest lesson because I am still learning as I go. Customer Service MUST be top priority! Go over and beyond and make each item special, as far as wrapping or packaging. I always write up a Thank You no matter how large or small the item is. Photos and descriptions have to be your best! Natural light and different angles take the best pictures.
Q. You are our fearless leader for the Etsy Homefront Team. What do you see ahead?
A. I am hoping to focus on giving back to the community! I think we have a great start on it and I really am hoping to help out other people! I strongly feel that when God blesses you, you should carry that on and help out people that may need you! I feel our team has grown so large that if 1 person once a year gives an item to charity, our team could really help out! I feel the Homefront team will always have work to do on it, but now that I am more established with it, I can focus on other things besides organizing the team. I am so thankful for the help of the team members that are such a asset to this team and to me!

See and Purchase Teri’s Work@:
http://www.teristreasure.etsy.com/
http://www.teristreasure.1000markets.com/
http://hyenacart.com/AmericasHandmadeHomefront/

And here is a link to her blog: http://www.teristreasure.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your story Teri. My husband is a former Marine but now in the Army. We actually courted during our tour in Iraq. My husband is a blessing to me also.